10.24.2019

howdoyouspellred

flamingo, alexander calder, chicago


i miss my city. smarter. stronger. i miss my city. its urban beauty. nitty gritty old. its public art. everywhere. the sharpness of color in the fall. brisk cold nights. its human face. not pretty. not perfect. not plastic. dirty brushed steel. i want my city. i need her back. meet me by the calder. she knows, at night. meet me by the picasso. a qué hora. by the chagall. i'll be there. by the miró. for lunch. by the dubuffet... remember, got  to renew your license. the nevelson. which one is that... the plensa. in the summer. the kapoor... under the heat of the bean... after midnight. alone by the lake. sinking in. let it be a sea. your sea of sorrows. away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a gorgeous city it is. It misses you too.

Anonymous said...

Buen consejo que te calles la boca

sonora y matancera said...

615: gorgeous and gritty. I hope it does.Hugs.