1.15.2009

lordHAVEmercy

The Residents - Burning Love c. 1980s

Residentially Modified Lyrics (from the original by Elvis Presley)
Lord almighty / I feel my temperature rising / Higher higher / Its burning through to my soul / World, World, World / You gonna set me on fire / My brain is flaming / I dont know which way to go / Your kisses lift me higher / Like the sweet song of a fire / You light the night time sky / With burning love / Ooh, ooh, ooh / I feel my temperature rising / Higher higher / like a hundred and nine /
World, World / you gonna set me on fire / I just might turn into smoke / But I feel fine / Cause your kisses lift me higher / Like a sweet song of a choir / And you light my night time sky / With burning love / Its coming closer / The flames are reaching my body / help me, help me / I feel like Im out of control / Its hard to breath / And my chest is a-heaving / LORD HAVE MERCY / I'm burning a hole where I lay / Cause your kisses lift me higher / Like the sweet song of a FIRE / You light the night time sky / WITH BURNING LOVE

No comments: